CHANGE STARTS WITH A VISION.
- We reject white supremacy and systems that uphold it.
- We acknowledge the past and ongoing trauma of individual and systemic racism.
- We believe every human being deserves dignified housing, access to a quality education, physical and mental wellbeing, the opportunity to participate in and contribute to community life, and freedom from harassment and violence.
- We believe every member of our community is valuable and belongs, regardless of documentation status, housing situation or incarceration status.
- We seek alternatives to traditional policing, which is based in slavery and continues to harm people of color.
- We endorse transformative justice models, not punitive systems.
- We believe that human beings have the capacity to learn, grow, and change.
- We hold space for disagreement, dialogue, and contradiction.
- We focus on policies; we do not endorse politicians or parties.
- We believe in and support the democratic process, but recognize that equity demands intentionality.
- We believe leaders have an ethical duty to protect Black and Brown people, and we hold them accountable for this.
- We employ non-violent actions.